Mailing List & Calendar Usage
Warning. Much of the information below is dated – the whole article needs to be rewritten.
Byron Gliding Club has two email systems and a booking calendar and you should be aware of how these operate.
has been designed to automatically email all club members. When you send an email or reply via this address “it goes to all club members.”
You should restrict comments or exclamations to the sender to something meaningful – one-liners such as “Great!” are really just so much noise, however well-meant.
Not everyone has NBN (and probably never will have) so sending large attachments is not encouraged.
Sending a link to a particular site is the best way to go!
More information about the mailing list…
this email address is the committee’s address and the point of contact for the public from our web page. I have compiled a “members” contact list with everyone on it.
This was done so all members will receive essential committee information about the club and to minimise “chit chat” or you can post an enquiry or comment to the committee. Only members of the committee will have access and a password to collect mail from this email site.
If you REPLY to SENDER to one of the messages from this address you will only be replying to the committee, no-one else!
To comment to others you must use the other address or make up your own group contacts list.
I can also unsubscribe you from this site but would prefer not as only essential club information only goes out from here.
How to use the booking calendar:
To Use the Club Calendar If You Do Not Have a Gmail Account
Open Google search page. Click on top RHS – Sign In
Into the box type the email address – firstname.lastname@example.org and the club password
If you wish tick the box “Stay Signed In” or leave blank for once only use.
The search page returns then click on “Gmail” at top LHS. When this opens click on “Calendar” on the top LHS.
If you don’t wish to be signed in at any point just click on the small arrow head behind the address in the top RHS and select “sign out”
Already Have A Gmail Account?
You can add the club calendar in your own account in the “Other Calendars” section on bottom RHS
Instructions on how to do this are at:
If you want someone to help further please contact another club member.
To Book Your Flight
Click on your desired time slot (if not already booked!). This will open a box and you type in your name and the aircraft registration number and click on “Create an Event”.
To change or add more information or to delete the booking click on the event created and select “Delete” or “Edit”. If you choose “Edit” you can add any other detail you wish into the new box created (like phone number, type of flight, etc).
Using the Calendar
- Please note that the time selected is approximate only. As you know gliding operations often don’t run to time for various reasons. In particular joy flights and pupil instruction often run overtime.
- Try to allow at least 20 – 30 minutes between flights and be generous in allowing instructors their preferences so that they can organise their day effectively.
- If you wish to negotiate a change with someone please do them the courtesy of contacting them before effecting that change on the calendar.
- Do not use this account to send emails. Most club members will have access to the password and will be able to view these. Members often forget that emails can easily be forwarded on to others.
3 Responses to Mailing List & Calendar Usage
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment
Please be aware that the calendar is useless if you do not make contact with someone directly to assure
– airworthiness of gliders
– level 2 presence for those that do not have independent operator accreditation.
Use the calendar to check availability of booking slots.
Please note that making a booking on the calendar does not guarantee a booking slot.
Contact Pip on the club mobile – he is in charge of bookings.
Originally posted by Erich to the mailing list.
From Scott Kelly to the Mailing List
OK, another, simpler way to ask for access to the BGC Gmail Booking Calendar from your existing gmail calendar account if you have one and want to link it (and one of us will approve/enable it).
Click images to enlarge
1. Sign into your gmail and click calendar.
2. Enter email@example.com in the Other Calendars “quick add box” and press enter/return.
3. Send a greeting so we know who you are.
4. We will enable access for you so check back later and you will see the BGC booking calendar in your list of calendars
Received this this morning.
If anyone is interested I can email a photo.
For Sale. Woodstock glider VH-IKL. Current Form 2. TTIS 15hrs. Tasman Vario. Tost release. Covers. Trailer. Always hangared.First flown 2001.
$5,500 Contact James Garay 03 9367 3694.
The glider lives at Bacchus Marsh VIC.
I think Peter Raphael was involved in the building. He test flys it once a year and that’s about all the use it gets.