Byron Gliding Club Terms & Conditions
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
- A flight confirmation or gift voucher entitles you to participate in a gliding flight with Byron Gliding Club. Please phone us for any information or bookings.
- The voucher is non-refundable though the booking or voucher is transferable to another person. Please confirm any transfer details with the club.
- Adverse weather conditions may require that your flight be rescheduled or postponed if the conditions, in our judgement, are unsuitable. Check with the club on the day or the night before if in doubt. Make sure you leave a phone number so we can contact you. You are welcome to rebook at no extra cost.
- A gift voucher remains valid for 3 years from date of issue.
- If you do not arrive in time for the flight and you miss it, or are a “no show”, no rebooking or refund will be made as considerable effort would have been made to arrange pilots and prepare aircraft. If you could give us advance notice of at least 12 hours we will be happy to rearrange your flight. Should something beyond your control prevent you attending please talk to us to see what might be done under the circumstances?
- You are welcome to bring cameras and sunglasses on the flight but be aware that personal possessions such as these taken aboard or left at the clubhouse are at your own risk.
- You are required to inform the pilot of any pre-existing injuries or conditions prior to your flight. Byron Gliding will not be responsible for any occurrence due to a lack of disclosure.
- You should be over 12 years of age and under 110 kg to be eligible to fly. If you are in excess of 100 kg please advise us at the time of booking so we can arrange a suitable aircraft and smaller pilot.
- Women who are 12 weeks or more pregnant are advised not to fly by CASA guidelines.
- Partner or tandem flights are also available where you and your friend/partner/relative fly in two aircraft flying close together. If, at the scheduled flight time, circumstances do not permit us to have two aircraft available concurrently we will fly you one after the other.
Learn to Fly
If you think that you’d like to take things a step further and learn to fly we would be delighted to help and you can undertake instructional flights which we operate under the Gliding Federation of Australia.